Visit my website at http://www.gdpresources.com


Wednesday 20 October 2010

The problem with the CQC

I am in favour of the idea behind the CQC.  I am not in favour of the way the CQC operates, nor the way it chooses to regulate us.

I object because it is another layer of unwaranted box ticking whch will do little to help the public.
 
I object because their publications are written in "NVQ" English which I find incomprehensible.

I object because the agency that is supposed to look after the public cannot look after its own staff.

I object because I have a relative who worked for a care home, and the interactions people there had with CQC staff were unfavourable......"they were right little Nazis", one senior staff member was heard to comment about the inspectors.

I object because the people who inspect YOU are unlikely to know anything about dentistry

I object because it will cost me significant sums of money with no real benefit to anyone except the CQC

And most of all I object because IT WILL NOT STOP HERE.  There will be more regulation, more red tape, more forms, more winding of your sanity around some bureaucrats middle finger..... which he will then use to wipe his arse whilst honouring you with a bill for doing so. 

At some point we have to make a choice.  Do we stand up for ourselves, for our principles, for what we know is right, fair and just......... or do we lie down, and kiss and polish the boots that ever increasingly stamp on our faces.  To choose the former may not be easy, but it will be right.  To choose the latter may be easy (at least to begin with) but it will be the act of shameful cowards who deserve the Orwellian/Huxley world some maniac seems to have in store for us.

The CQC will stay in existence so long as it serves the purpose for which it was created.  As soon as it consistently causes more pain, and embarrassment than the government can stand, it will disappear.  The machine must be made to stop by whatever legal, non violent means are available to us.

What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.